- 4 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup dried breadcrumbs
- 4 firm white fish fillets (such as basa)
- Paprika for seasoning
- Green seasonal vegetables (e.g. green beans or broccoli)
Approx 30-40 min. Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Brush baking tray with oil. Place potatoes and 2 tablespoons of cold water in a large heatproof bowl. Cover and microwave on high (100%) for 5 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to bowl.
- Add oil and paprika to potatoes and toss to combine. Spread wedges in a single layer on tray. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly beat egg in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Dip fish fillets in egg one at a time. Place in breadcrumbs. Using fingertips, press breadcrumbs onto both sides of fish. Place fish on tray.
- Reduce oven to 210°C. Place fish on shelf below wedges in oven. Roast both for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and potatoes are golden. Divide between plates. Season with pepper. Serve with steamed green beans.
- Serve with salad in the warmer months.
- Use frozen white fish from the supermarket for a convenient option.
- Crushed up Corn Flakes are an easy alternative to breadcrumbs. Follow the instructions above but where it says breadcrumbs, use crushed Corn Flakes instead!
Family Eating Tip
Do not pressure your child to eat. Children are less likely to eat when there is pressure, force or bribery.