- 2 cups uncooked rice
- Canola or olive oil spray
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups vegetables (e.g. onion, capsicum, cabbage, mushrooms, carrot, beans, peas, snow peas, corn), chopped
- 2 tablespoon salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
Approx 25-30 min. Serves 4
- Cook rice according to directions on packet and set aside.
- Spray oil into hot frying pan. Pour beaten egg into pan, spread evenly across pan to cook.
- Once cooked, break up egg into pieces with spatula, remove from pan and set aside with rice.
- Wipe down pan and spray again with oil.
- Place onion and capsicum in the pan and cook until soft. Add other vegetables, soy sauce and water. Stir until combined.
- Place rice and egg into the pan with vegetables and continue to stir until well combined and heated through.
- Serve hot with extra soy sauce to taste.
Add a handful of diced ham, lean bacon or peeled prawns for added flavour.
Family Eating Tip
The best place for family meals is the dinner table without the distraction of television or electronic devices.