We’ve made some changes to the way we deliver Women, Youth and Children health services to keep you and your family safe. You can find out more about what's changed on the Temporary changes page.
Our physiotherapy services provide assessment, information, exercise advice, early intervention and prevention for women, youth and children with the following concerns:
- women from 3 to 12 months after birth with mastitis
- pregnancy related musculoskeletal and continence issues
- babies under 12 months with head and neck posture concerns, positional foot problems and physical development issues
Call 5124 1775 between 8am and 5pm weekdays to access this service.
Please bring any relevant medical investigations or results to your appointment. Please bring your baby’s Blue Book if the appointment is for them.
Our services are available at 3 clinics across Canberra, including:
- Belconnen Enhanced Community Health Centre – Mondays and Tuesdays
- Tuggeranong Community Health Centre – Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Gungahlin Community Health Centre – Mondays and Tuesdays
Physiotherapy Information Group
The Physiotherapy Information Group provides you with information to help you and your baby during the first post-natal year.
For you, we offer:
- post-natal recovery exercises and general exercise advice
- back and pelvic care
- wrist, feet, knees and general musculoskeletal care
- pelvic floor, bladder and bowel issues
For your baby, we offer:
- normal development and encouragement
- tummy time ideas
- musculoskeletal issues, head shape, neck issues and positional talipes
- West Belconnen Child and Family Centre – first Wednesday of every month
- Tuggeranong Child and Family Centre – second Wednesday of every month
- Gungahlin Child and Family Centre – third Tuesday of every month
Find information here about Physiotherapy for children 0-6 years.